Looking for something different during the run up to Christmas, I persuaded my friends to join me in a visit to the Dubai Miracle Garden.
Home to over 45 million flowers creatively arranged in a series of imaginative designs, the Miracle Garden Dubai features an impressive collection of shapes and structures that have been expertly constructed using over 45 different types of flower and colour variations injecting some much needed colour into Dubai's otherwise colourless landscape.
From Dutch-inspired windmills and colonial houses to cartoon-style automobiles and Alice-in-Wonderland-themed walkways, this unique flower garden has something to interest visitors of all ages.
With so many exciting flower formations on display it is very difficult to select an outright favourite, but if I was forced to choose it would definiately be between the Alice-in-Wonderland-inspired heart-shaped pathway and the umbrella pathway.
Visiting the Miracle Garden is an entertaining experience but be warned it can get very crowded particularly during peak times. I strongly recommend planning your visit either first thing in the morning or later in the evening especially at the weekend.
Where is the Miracle Garden in Dubai?
The Dubai Miracle Garden is discreetly tucked away within Dubailand, near the Arabian Ranches. Unfortunately at the time of writing this article there are no public transport links which is possibly why it remains one of Dubai's best kept secrets.
Interest Facts about the Miracle Garden Dubai
- it took 400 people 60 days to complete
- spans 721,000 square foot
- cost around $11 million to complete
- constructed using 45 million flowers in 45 different flower varieties and color
- incorporates an eco-friendly irrigation system and uses water retention materials to keep flowers efficiently moist
- awarded the “Largest Vertical Garden” by the Guinness World Records
- great photo opportunities
- creative flower displays
- off the beaten track
- only accessible by car - no public transit links at present
- limited food and beverage options
- minimal seating areas
- outside refreshments are not allowed
- no BBQs permitted
- very busy at peak times
Miracle Garden Timings
Sunday to Thursday: 9am – 9pm
Friday and Saturday: 9am – 11pm
Regular - 30 AED
Disabled - Free
Kids (up to 3 years old) – Free